Some suggestions

Aug 2, 2011 at 7:42 PM

I've been playing with the newest build (Alpha 3) and so far so good but (you had to know that was coming :) ) I have a few suggestions or feature requests.

1. Collapsible subscription headers - I normally use GReader with all the 'folders' collapsed and then scroll though the posts in each of the subscriptions. For someone with a lot of feeds coming in displaying all the individual feed titles in the subscription pane on the left uses a lot of valuable screen space. - http://screencast.com/t/JvPzibrf

2. Double clicking on the grouped subscription header - it would be nice if when I double click on the group folder that the message list pane display all the unread posts from feeds in that group - http://screencast.com/t/HzwB8cwqmK3

3 - messagelist display - this could be an option setting but it would be nice if instead of just having the unread post title, image, and brief excerpt if we could select to display the whole post in that area rather than having to click through - http://screencast.com/t/TfO0CwtL5B

4 - auto mark read option - this again could be a user selected option but it would be nice that as you scroll through, or leave a feed display, if the displayed posts could automatically be marked as read.

Two things that I have noticed as missing are support for Shared items and tagged items but I am assuming that they are on the roadmap.

I'll be playing with this some more most definitely because I really like what you have done so far so I will probably be back with more suggestions :)

If you wish you can also contact me off list at steven@winextra.com - keep up the great work

Coordinator
Aug 2, 2011 at 8:08 PM
Edited Aug 3, 2011 at 6:23 AM
Hi Steven!
Definitively cool ideas!

Can you go to mishrareader.codeplex.com and use the issue tracker to propose your ideas?

You also will find a clickonce install:)

Thanks a lot for your mail:)
Aug 2, 2011 at 11:38 PM

I'll see about adding them to the issue tracker this evening or tomorrow and I installed Mishra using the ClickOnce installer :)

Coordinator
Aug 3, 2011 at 6:21 AM
Edited Aug 3, 2011 at 6:22 AM

Thanks a lotJ

Aug 4, 2011 at 7:53 AM

+1 for number 2. I do all my reading "by folder".

Aug 5, 2011 at 12:51 PM

+1 for reading articles by folder. I have dozens of RSS subscriptions in these categories and prefer to read by category/topic instead of individual feed.

Coordinator
Aug 5, 2011 at 12:53 PM

Hi guys,

thanks you for your feedbacks but please use the Issue Tracker to vote for your favorites features

Aug 8, 2011 at 2:55 AM
Edited Aug 8, 2011 at 2:56 AM

a refresh button would be very helpful

Aug 8, 2011 at 4:14 AM
anand4u13 wrote:

a refresh button would be very helpful

My bad. I wrote it too early.

Aug 10, 2011 at 10:02 PM

I too like this app, but there are some things that can certainly be improved upon. 

1. Take a page from MetroTwit please.  Keep the UI color scheme simple.  Allow it to follow the Windows color scheme.
  2. Reduce the size of your apps logo in the top bar.  It takes up too much realestate.
  3. Put the Options "button" at the top of the UI, like MetroTwit and even the Zune client.
  4. Change the "No category" to "All Items".
  5. I agree there should be a Refresh button, which you have already acknowledged should be there.
  6. I agree as well that the Category list should be that of all or filtered items, so the UI flows better.  IF not, then have a three pane view, where the first column is each subscribed category, second column be the items within that subscription, then the last column would be the actual view of the contents of the selected item.  Just like the Artists view in the Zune Client, which shows Artists, then Albums then Songs of the Album(s).

Do you really want all of these in your tracker system?

Coordinator
Aug 10, 2011 at 10:11 PM
Edited Aug 10, 2011 at 10:39 PM

Yes please.

Some of your features are already proposed so you can vote for them:)

The beta1 is already closed but the features list is still opened for beta 2

Aug 10, 2011 at 11:52 PM
Ok, I will.

BTW, I am using pre-Beta 1, and everytime I reopen the app, my Google Reader account info is not saved. I have to enter it everytime. Are you aware of this bug?

Regards,

Chris

"Oil is Nature's 'Sara Palin.' Very messy and bad for the environment." - Ninja (Ask a Ninja 12/7/2010)

To: [email removed]
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 14:11:15 -0700
Subject: Re: Some suggestions [mishrareader:267487]

Yes please.
Some of your features are already proposed so you can vote for them:)
The beta1 is already closed but the features list is still opened.

Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (mishrareader@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email mishrareader@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com
Aug 10, 2011 at 11:55 PM
Nevermind. I had the app open twice, and didn't realise it.

Regards,

Chris

"Oil is Nature's 'Sara Palin.' Very messy and bad for the environment." - Ninja (Ask a Ninja 12/7/2010)

To: [email removed]
Subject: RE: Some suggestions [mishrareader:267487]
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 15:52:12 -0700

Yes please.
Some of your features are already proposed so you can vote for them:)
The beta1 is already closed but the features list is still opened.

Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (mishrareader@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email mishrareader@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com