This project is read-only.

Reusing the source code in partial

Jul 2, 2012 at 12:44 PM

Hello,

First of all congratulations for the MishraReader. It is a very nice and clear metro application! 

I was wondering, if I am allowed to reuse the source code in partial to create my own RSS reader? If it is possible then what are the conditions? 

Thanks,

Krisztian Gyuris 

Jul 24, 2012 at 8:47 AM

Hi gyurisc,

As you can see here, Mishra Reader is under Microsoft Public License (MS-Pl). I encourage you to read it. For now, Here are two interesting excerpts :

Copyright Grant- Subject to the terms of this license, including the license conditions and limitations in section 3, each contributor grants you a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free copyright license to reproduce its contribution, prepare derivative works of its contribution, and distribute its contribution or any derivative works that you create.

In clear : you can use the source code to create your own RSS Reader. But..

If you distribute any portion of the software, you must retain all copyright, patent, trademark, and attribution notices that are present in the software.

If you do so, you need to make accessible in your interface something like that :

Portions of code and design © MishraReader (mishrareader.codeplex.com) and contributors.